This grid set is aimed at young adults who already have experience of low and/or high tech AAC. Although the grid set is fully supported by symbols, the spelling grid enables users who have some literacy skills to spell out unique words.
There are two major sections within the Vocabulary for Life grid set. The first section is a set of category based grids e.g. meals, drinks, actions, etc. The second section contains the ‘Vocabulary for Life’ grids that include context specific pre-stored messages. They are designed to be used in specific situations such as ‘at the bank’, ‘eating out’ and ‘personal safety’.
• Designed for older teens/young adults
• Category based and context based grids
• Large vocabulary of single words and pre-stored phrases
• Uses the wordlist features of the Grid 2 to maximise the vocabulary available on each grid
• Complete sentence generation on each grid
• Provides vocabulary to support the City & Guilds AAC Course at Entry levels 2-3
• Includes “Adult” vocabulary eg. swear words
To build a new sentence, the user follows these simple steps:
1. Select the relevant category
2. Choose the appropriate words and combine with vocabulary from the ‘sentence starters’, ‘questions’ and ‘actions’ grids
3. Create new words using a keyboard with symbol prediction
Vocabulary For Life is free with The Grid 2, and you can download the grid set from Online Grids. You must have The Grid 2 installed to use the grid set. Contact your local dealer for a demonstration copy of The Grid 2.