We offer a wide range of symbol libraries that are compatible with The Grid 2, including Widgit Literacy Symbols and Mayer-Johnson PCS.
- Widgit Symbols, an extensive symbol library included with The Grid 2 in most countries
- Mayer-Johnson PCS symbols, a well-known symbol library
- Blissymbolics, an abstract way to represent languages
- SymbolStix, stick men with attitude
- Snaps, a photo alternative to symbol libraries
- Makaton Signs & Symbols
- ARASAAC, created in Spain and available in a number of languages
- Metacom, a great library available in German and English
- See Sense, a small, free picture library included with The Grid 2
The Widgit Literacy Symbols and SeeSense libraries are included free with every copy of The Grid 2. The other symbol libraries are available as extra add-ons.
Snaps is our new photo alternative to standard symbol libraries.
Other ways to include symbols and photos
The Grid 2 offers several other ways to add your own symbols and photographs, in order to customise your grid sets.
- Screen captures, for quickly taking photos from the internet or a digital camera
- Browse for file, allowing you to use photos stored on your computer
- Double Picture - easily place pictures side-by-side in a cell
- Picture Editor - for changing colours, combining symbols, and more
The screen capture option is an incredibly fast way of adding pictures. You can capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen. Take a screenshot of your favourite football team from their internet site, or 'snip' a favourite photo from your camera.
Alternatively, you can browse for a picture file on your computer.
Other options allow you to edit your picture, or add more than one symbol to a cell.